Forming Healthy Habits

Now that I've gotten my mental health somewhat under control, at least in terms of panic attacks and being able to handle my day to day anxiety, I've realized just how badly I need to spend some time focusing on my physical health. The problem is I have no idea what to do and I still need to be able to take care of my mental health along the way. When it comes to working out and being healthy I have zero motivation and then when I actually do find motivation I'm so out of shape that I can't do very much before I'm completely worn out. There are a few things I'm trying to incorporate into my daily life to help me form healthy habits that will hopefully lead me to becoming a healthier version of myself, both mentally and physically. 

1. Watching Calories - Now this is something that I know can not always be helpful. I'm not going to starve myself if I'm hungry but I have no calories left for the day. This is more of a way to hold myself accountable to eat enough each day and also to switch to eating things that are better for me in the long run. I find that I waste so many calories on one food item when I could be having something that is less calories, better for me and will leave me just as full. If anyone has any low calorie food/meals they love, let me know because I could use all the help!

2. Working Out - My biggest problem with working out is that I know I can't just get up and do an hour yoga class or hour long work out, so then I just don't. I know this isn't true, but a very common theme in my life is that i think if I can't do it all then I shouldn't do it, instead of just doing what I can and being proud of that. I'm trying to incorporate walking on the treadmill and some basic at home workouts to start getting me back in the swing of things and ready for more intense workouts. I just have to keep reminding myself that something is better than nothing. 
3. Water, Water, Water - This is actually something I thought I would struggle with but substituting water as my number one beverage has been relatively easy for me and helped me find some pride in taking the right steps no matter how big or small. I haven't cut out all non water beverages completely but I have changed how often I drink them and drink them way less than I was before choosing water as the number one thing I consume each day. 

4. Journal - This one is for my mental health. Whether it's just writing what I did that day, writing about how I feel, or doing an activity in one of my interactive journals, taking this time for myself each day is so helpful. It allows me to connect with myself and find comfort in being left alone with my mind. It also helps me take those negative thoughts and get them out of my brain before they become overwhelming and turn into panic. 

I know there's so much more that I could be doing but I usually jump all in and then give up, so this time I thought I would start with small achievable goals and then work my way up. I know this is what I should have been doing all along but this time it feels like something I will actually stick with. I'm hoping that putting this out into the universe will help hold me accountable. If you have any advice/tips to leading a healthier life both mentally and physically I would love to hear them. This is something I've always struggled with but I truly feel ready to tackle this and continue to build the better version of myself I'm striving towards. 

Until next time. 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Mind and Body

An Introduction

An Open Thank You Letter